Sunday 9 January 2011

River Nene Fails To Produce

I never thought that today would be so poor and although the water is still quite cold it did have extra colour and flow. We gave it 3 hours for 1 solitary 1 oz Dace and this was the only bite I had with my angling friend Graham biteless. The bailiff said that other anglers he had seen this morning had caught nothing so I suppose I should be thankful for the 1 fish.



I trotted an Avon float through the swim for a couple of hours with just the one bite and finished up by fishing a small feeder on the 6m whip which will normally find an few fish when the going get tuff. Anyway its not the longest walk in the world to these pegs but its got to be one of the worst with a 100 yard walk from the car back over the bridge then over a crash barrier and down a steep embankment. Its then over a 4ft fence with no stile, across a small meadow then over a stile follow by a 3ft fence and then a 200 yard walk along the bank. Now I would normally slim the kit down for fishing this area but as I didn't know we were going to come to this stretch I had the bloody kitchen sink with me and to top it off the clip on my box strap broke when putting it back on for the walk back.


On the way home we had a quick look at the river at Elton but because its a little narrower and shallower it was really tramming through and would have been very difficult to fish. We also had a look at Stibbington where there was an angler fishing on the downstream Deeping AC water below the houses. On talking to him he said he had only had the 1 bite but it did result in a proper Bream for him caught on the Pole at about 8 metres with a flat float held still. 
Another hard day on the river and one I will try and forget, anyway I'm off work Friday and Monday coming so I shall be having another go on some of the fenland drains and rivers to see if I can temp a few fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment